Monday, September 10, 2012

Writer's Block

Now that I feel I have the time I can make the time to blog again, I do believe I am suffering from a bit of writer's block. Oh, there are posts swirling in my brain as I work to get our home back into shape after a casually busy summer, but when I think I'm going to sit down and start writing, my mind goes blank. So, here I sit, a nice cup of hot coffee beside me, listening to the Boy practice his drums, only to find that writing a cohesive single topic post alludes me.

So instead, you will get a bunch of random thoughts that aren't big enough for a post all their own.

I made cupcakes this weekend -- Streusel Topped French Toast Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream. They are diviiiine! Yes, I ate one. In fact I've been doing very poorly with my no gluten no sugar diet these past few weeks. Hence the scale is not going down, but is in fact going up again.  Must remedy that now! Therefore no cupcake with this coffee. Anyways, if you're at all interested in the cupcakes I made, the recipe can be found at Bakingdom. Let me just say though that I personally found her way of writing the ingredients and then the directions hard to follow. Maybe I'm just a bit of a dunce like that though,

The kids have been in school five days and I have hardly even made a dent in all the things I need to do before I can do the things I want to do. I do have a clean mud room again, and (almost) all the beach towels are put away (I'm wondering if there are a few stashed in some kid or two's room yet, or if we lost a few again this summer), but those are the only two complete projects. *Sigh* I'm pretty sure I won't ever get caught up again, let alone get ahead.

I joined Pinterest. A long time ago already, in fact. I have made the time to make and do some fun things from my pins on there. In fact, that's where the cupcakes recipe came from that I tried. I also joined Goodreads. I have a bit of a word obsession and love to collect quotes and keep track of the books I read. One reason to like both those sites!

I'll leave you with a beautiful butterfly I captured on the camera this afternoon.

 Giant Swallowtail (Papilio cresphontes)

Well, that's it for now. Didn't I say I'm having a bit of writer's block :o)?

 

6 comments:

  1. Well, you're not having a photography block! That butterfly is beautiful, and wonderfully captured.

    Glad to see you back, even with writer's block :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous butterfly. I enjoyed your bits & pieces of the days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm suffering from writer's block too. Nothing too exciting to write about. Hope your days are going well, and you can keep crossing those projects off your lists.

    Blessings,
    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterfly picture!

    I seem to either suffer from having the time to write but not being able to think of what to write about OR having so many ideas swirling around in my head I can hardly think of anything else but no time to write! Murphy's Law!

    Don't fret...as soon as you get too busy to blog, your writer's block will be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not writer's block at all in my opinion. You were sharing the rhythm of your thoughts and days, things I enjoy reading about in this space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love random posts. Maybe because I'm so random. The butterfly is stunning!! The cupcakes sound amazing. And I have writer's block more than I don't. Maybe that's why I almost never blog anymore. Sigh. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...