Friday, November 4, 2011

Volleyball

Volleyball is my sport of choice.  It has just the right amount of running and action to keep my brain working and my muscles firing. I haven't coached in years (I've actually only ever coached one year), and I haven't played in more years.

However, after seeing the request for a coach in the girls' school newsletter for three weeks, and listening to my daughters' pleas to coach, I'm coaching the girls' volleyball team at school. Yesterday was our first practice. Oh.my.goodness! It was soooo much fun! The girls are enthusiastic, listen well, and learn quick! I'm pretty much regretting not saying yes from the first week I saw the request in the newsletter.

It may seem like I'm taking on yet another thing in my already crazy busy life, but in a way, this is for me as much as it is to help a group of girls learn to play and hopefully love volleyball too. It's a fun hour out and away from my Littles, and  I can't wait to see what the girls will accomplish over the next few weeks!

**photo credit: esportsdesk.com

What is your favorite sport?

6 comments:

  1. My favorite sport? VOLLEYBALL!!

    I've played since 2007 and made the Junior Olympics 3 years in a row through a school near us! Unfortunately I won't be playing until next Fall because I get Drivers Ed for my birthday!

    Have a blast coaching! (Maybe you can win the bet *giggles*)

    Blessings,
    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I know you will end up forming bonds with these girls that will be absolutely priceless. My fave sport ... I really don't have one. I never participated in sports in school because I was always busy with other activities and couldn't be in two places at once. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! My daughter is starting Vball next week with our rec dept. I love that she's interested. Way to go for coaching, I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's VERY cool, Coach! You'll be great! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have an excellent girls volleyball team with our local homeschoolers and I am hoping Rose will try out for the team next year.

    I enjoyed playing volleyball on a college intramural team way back when. I also like swimming.

    I hope I can email you soon. I think about doing it often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Coach Deb! Volleyball ranks high on my list of favorite sports. In fact, it may be my favorite. I love tennis, too, but my knees can't take it anymore.

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...