Thursday, October 15, 2009

To the Apple Orchard

It was a chilly 4 degrees celcius as we headed off to the apple orchard yesterday morning. There was supposed to be four families going, but everyone had ill members except us, so we went anyways. We had a grand time visiting the silly pigs,

marveling at the size of the apples in the wagons,

and of course picking a variety of apples.

By the time we were done, we were so cold, we needed to warm up, so we stopped at the Canadian icon Tim Hortons. The kids were thrilled to each have their own cup of hot chocolate, and I was thrilled just to wrap my hands around that heat.

Despite the cold, we had a grand time. It was nice to break from routine and do something different. It was one of those mornings where I truly cherish motherhood and being with my children all them time. They are the sweetest gift.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful fall memories topped of with a Timmies! ~Loved the pictures the children look like they are all getting very tall ~:D Blessings Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    I see them everyday and I can't believe how tall they're getting. Bub is only an inch shorter than Murray now. This summer before we went camping I had them all try on jeans and everyone's were at least an inch and a half too short. Good thing I thought to have them try them on before we went! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen on the gift of motherhood and spending these days with your children.
    What astonished me was how ya'll were dressed in so little,we would be in scarves and wool gloves for sure...but then we are from the south.

    The picture of your children in the car with the hot drinks made me smile. I felt it right along with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...