Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In the Kitchen


After our tasty, but terrible eating habits of the holiday season, I am back to menu planning and eating healthy. Tonight it was pasta night.

Tricolore Linguine
2 cups fresh green peas (or 1 cup edamame -- I used all organic edamame because I had no peas)
1 lb tricoloured rice or whole wheat linguine (I used ww linguine)
6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic
2 shallots peeled and minced
1 cup sundried tomatoes, not in oil chopped
1/2 cup low sodium low fat chicken or vegetable broth
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

Flash cook peas and/or edamame until just tender but firm. Drain and set aside. Cook pasta al dente. Drain.

In a large skillet, saute garlic and shallots in olive oil. Add sundried tomatoes, peas and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately add drained pasta to the skillet. Toss lightly until sauce and vegetables cover the linguine.

Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt and garnish with chopped Italian parsley.

I doubled this recipe and it was a good thing because everyone had seconds. There was just enough leftover for the Engineer to take for lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I love pasta! That looks so good! It sure feels great to get back to healthy eating, doesn't it. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...