Friday, March 16, 2018

March Break 2018

We are generally not the type of people who go anywhere or do anything during spring break. Here are a few reasons why we don't: 1) I am so exhausted from the busyness of the normal winter activities that just thinking of packing and traveling with thousands of other people heading on vacation makes me even more tired, 2) it is way more expensive to travel during spring break season than other parts of the winter/early spring season, 3) our family is too big to be hotel conducive, and 4) not everyone in our family has their spring break at the same time anymore. Our two university students had theirs in February, and the five youngest were off this week. That being said, we ARE headed to Florida in April. We are pulling the five youngest from school for a week (we have never done this before 😐), renting a house and relaxing for a week. The two oldest will meet us in Florida a day or two after we arrive.

A week at home with no obligations and no expectations was more than I had hoped for! The girls all slept late. I slept a little late and then enjoyed a peaceful morning coffee each day while I crocheted, or read, or even watched some television. Then I would crochet some more, or go and sew. I also did a pile of ironing. In other words, I only did what I felt like doing all week. I haven't done something like that in years without feeling totally guilty. It was so fun!

The girls also spent time reading, watching some television, playing on the Wii, designing with perler beads, drawing, colouring. I don't think anyone went outside all week. I didn't really care though as the temperature has hovered around 0 degrees Celsius all week which makes it very damp. Plus it snowed. Every. Single. Day. Not that it accumulated because of the plus/minus zero temperature, but still. It is the middle of March. Oh well, the longer it stays like this, the later I will have to start mowing the lawn. 😁

Pictures are forthcoming.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week! Wyatt is working f/t now, and Tate and Gunnar's breaks are offset, so we have no plans... except Gunnar, going on tour with the orchestra. Glad you got to just hang out at home! And FLORIDA! Sounds like heaven :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to read your boys still have you hopping too! Touring with the orchestra! How cool is that!!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...