Monday, December 16, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Monday, December 16, 2013.

 Outside my window: Sunshine!! and COLD! Enough snow that we can't see the grass.

I am hearing: Jars of Clay's album Christmas songs. The occasional bark of our watch pug. He thinks any unusual noise is a cause for barking.

I am pondering: how it is that simple everyday life can be so enjoyable. I love being home with only the demands I create for myself.

I am thankful for: friendship. Both my friends nearby and far away. Some of home I've never even met in real life (yet).

I am wearing: blue jeans, tank top, long sleeved T, and surprisingly, socks.

I am going: to get lots done this week (I hope!!) If I can be as productive as I was last week, I will be genuinely pleased!

I am reading: Matadora, Allegiant, and still have a couple other books as well on the go yet.

I am looking forward to: the girls' Christmas program at school on Thursday, and school skating on Friday. Then two whole weeks of almost nothingness. We have our extended family Christmases on the weekend and then our own little family on Christmas and finally church yet on Christmas day and then nothing! I can't believe how much I am looking forward to doing nothing.

In the kitchen: greenery on the counter, taai taai (Dutch anise cake) in the oven, rice krispie squares on the counter, marshmallows on the counter for fudge and confetti squares... Supper? Who needs supper? :o)

I am creating: I have a Christmas scarf on the needles. Sparkley green and red wool. Simply for fun.

One of my favorite things: walking outside on a sunny, but cold snow covered day. Soooo beautiful!!

A favorite scripture: And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name." Luke 1:46, 47, and 49

A picture thought I am sharing:


Our Advent wreath. Sad, but true. It can do with a large dose of my greenery on the counter. I am hoping that our new Advent devotional finally arrives tonight to go with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...