Thursday, June 30, 2011

Loom Knitting

I have said the the girls get my complete supervision when there is no one else home. However, that just might be a slight exaggeration. When I have them in the play room, I confess I don't really play with them.

Instead, I work on finishing knitting projects.


These are all projects that were in various stages on our set of four knitting looms.


Simple, brainless, fun little tasks. I can keep both an eye and ear on the girls and still feel like I'm doing something.


It's my new way of getting some Momma time. Sometimes I even get brave and bring in a cup of coffee.


Up next? Something I've been working on on the round needles, but I don't think it's going to turn out right...

Are any of you working on finishing some projects this summer?

5 comments:

  1. Erin, I think will continue to work on her scarf. You do a great job on your loom/knitting projects!! I haven't been working on anything lately, but I love to embroider towels!

    Hope you're having a good summer day!

    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we love the knitting loom here they are great I am horrible with needles but I can do all sorts of things on those looms :) I just made a new doll from a new pattern for Anna's birthday I am going to post some pictures of how it turned out soon ~Enjoy your weekend & Happy Knitting ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! My pink Millie sweater, my yellow ribbed Pom Pom sweater, two skirts, the wallpaper in our bedroom, lots of books. Your knitting looks fun, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean my stack of unfinished projects? I use to be better about being "bothered" about this stack. Sometimes now I can't help myself when another project calls my name.

    But to answer your question, I need to finish two of Claire's linen napkins by embroidering an initial on the corner; then there is the brown knitted sock needing its completed match; a crazy quilt table runner (probably ongoing though); and a journal cover....I could probably think of more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, Cathy, It's nice to know I'm not the only one with multiple and varied projects on the go. There's a rather large pile on my sewing table, but I can't see getting to any of that until perhaps late fall.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...