Saturday, January 29, 2011

Book Review Saturday (Edition 3)

Sisterchicks Down Under by Robin Jones Gunn

This is one of those books that I term brainless reading. I can get it read from start to finish in about 4 to 6 hrs. I'm not an extremely fast reader, so to me that's a quick read.

The Sisterchicks books are fun books about women friendships. At the same time, they hold some Biblical truths. I don't want to give away the story line of Down Under, so I won't tell you the story. However, in the latter chapters, Gunn writes about extravagant love. "Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that." Hmmm, do I love extravagantly. Certainly not like Christ does!

So even though I term this brainless reading, there's still some life lessons in this book. It's a feel good novel that makes one think. Fun, good stuff!

Wishing you all a weekend of reading, resting, and refreshment!

4 comments:

  1. those types of book are fun to read. I will check them out, thanks :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been getting some reading done. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read all the sister chick books, I like them. They just encourage me and fill in for the girlfriends missing in my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like I need to look for these at the library. I enjoy some "brainless" (LOL) reading now and then, and enjoy books about women friendships (since that is so different from my reality).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...