Thursday, November 4, 2010

Satin Trim

A blanket trimmed in satin for one of the Wee Three. A warm thank you to my friend Julie at Herding Grasshoppers for lighting a candle under me to get at least one of my unfinished projects completed.



In my lack of knowledge on how to trim in satin, this cozy blanket of scraps lay spread out on my sewing table awaiting the day I would be brave enough to attempt the final step. Finally, the satin trim is attached. It's not even close to perfect, but it's made with love for one of our precious daughters for whom we wait. (I've realized that sewing is one of my creative outlets I will be okay with giving up. Grrrrr, so frustrating)!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Deborah... it's PERFECT!!

    I've always wanted to sew but have never taken the time to learn. I truly appreciate the candle under my tush today~ perhaps it's time!

    Wishing you the loveliest of days... and more unfinished projects, soon-to-be checked off the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful blanket. You know in 10 years it's going to be worn raw from being dragged EVERYwhere. Those little fingers are going to love the satin edge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very ready to be loved! Cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful...how exciting to have these things and know they will soon be used ~Blessings Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please. It's gorgeous.

    I worn my satin trimmed blankie thread bare when I was a kid. I loved, loved, loved to rub its softness against my cheek. I called it my goy goy.

    Your girls are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I can just imagine your new daughters rubbing it along their cheeks. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very snuggly and pretty, too! They are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket looks so cozy,the satin ribbon is a perfect touch. I can't wait to see this cuddly blanket wrapped around your daughters!
    Blessings,
    Kelly

    PS thanks for being the first to comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, you!

    Slippery fabrics like satin terrify me. Yours looks AWESOME! And it doesn't just look good, but all snuggly and cozy and welcoming :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks lovely. But now you need to make another 2. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...