Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hatchlings

Mama Finch's babies have hatched. They are the tiniest fuzziest little pink things I have ever seen.

Sorry for the pathetic photo, but I can't get my lens into the nest without making it too dark and for fear of disturbing the little ones.

On Thursday after the rain, I walked around all but two of our spruce trees -- and we have lots! Not a mourning dove nest within eyeball height was found. Today, when I went to check on Mama robin, and what did I see? But a dove's nest in the top of our second smallest spruce. I didn't get a picture of the nest because there was no way she moving. She kept her eye on me the entire time and let me get close enough to get this photo of her. Once her eggs hatch and she starts feeding her babies, I'll be able to get a shot of her "sticky" :o) nest.

P.S. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...