Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Things to Do

Last night was our GEMS Christmas party. It was a fun evening of crafts, games, food, and even a Christmas story. I was the designated photographer along with being placed in charge of one of the groups, but I managed both positions fairly well. I love watching all these girls churched and unchurched, from many walks of life get together and interact with each other. It truly is a sight to see.

Last week, I decided that we would wind down on the schoolwork because I was just getting too frustrated. The children have had a few too many late nights, as have I. Everyone's concentration levels are not where they should be and we need a break! Our last holiday was Thanksgiving Monday back in October. So this week I gave each of them the bare minimum of what I feel must be done before the holidays.

Doing this means that maybe I can get -- and keep on top of the housework for more than five minutes. -- Oh no, wait! That may not be possible as my vaccuum cleaner decided to malfunction last week. A broom and swiffer thingy just don't work quite the same.

I would also love to work on some more decluttering. I don't know what it is, but I think paper in our home breeds. We get piles and piles of paper. I am forever bagging piles of paper for the recycling.

Also on my list brain is getting some Christmas cards written. A friend currently has all my cardmaking supplies, so I am going to have to make do with the pile I have. I think I still have store bought ones somewhere too. Oh and baking. I finally got that started yesterday! There are a few more treats that I would like to make though.

So yeah, that's my exciting life in a nutshell. A dear friend of mine once said (and she was including herself in this) "we must be real losers. Why is everyone so busy with so many parties?" She was joking of course and it made me laugh -- the way she expressed it and the humour in her voice. I like my life. Being home with my husband and children is where I want to be. The only real pressure I have is that which I create for myself.

Well, I'm off to supervise the tidying of bedrooms and completion of personal hygiene!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you've got a lot to do! I, too, have cut back on the homeschooling this week. I guess I'm already into holiday mode and it's been good to just relax a bit about it.

    I like your new header... just in time for Christmas!

    Are you gonna show some of the cards you'll be making? I'd love to see. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...