Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day Away

The Engineer and I really needed a day away with just the two of us. Grandma and Grandpa Close By came to stay with the kids so we could head off to the Big City.

We headed out in the pouring rain to reconnect, shop, and simply enjoy being with each other without having to worry about the children. While in the Big City, it began to snow. It snowed and it snowed, but not nice fluffy stuff. It was big, heavy, slushy stuff. By the end of the day, our feet were soaked!

As we headed home shopped out and rejuvenated. The snow changed back to rain, and the rain got lighter. We arrived home to our cozy and contented family and had a cup of tea yet with my parents while we talked about our days. It was soooo good to get away! I really think we need to do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...