Saturday, October 4, 2008

First Frost

Ok, that's it! I'm moving south! We awoke to our first frost (and a mere 2C) this morning. I am hoping it is just a ground frost and didn't kill my basil. I will harvest it today for sure! I am very surprised to see frost already. The past few years it didn't show its crispy coolness until almost the end of October. Last year we even swam in the lake on Thanksgiving weekend (next weekend here). Granted, that was a first in my life, but it was an extremely warm fall. It was great!

I guess the leaves will be turning colour and falling quickly now.

1 comment:

  1. We were supposed to have frost last night, but it didn't get cold enough. I am glad because i am not ready for all of the plants to die!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...