Friday, January 25, 2013

Spray Painting Chairs

I adore painted furniture.

I love the mismatched chairs all painted the same colour -- and the white table which looks almost like our dining room table. 
 
I don't have much painted furniture in our home (yet), but I love the looks of it -- especially/even when it gets chipped and dented -- and well worn loved. I dream of some day having all white furniture in our bedroom. For now though, I'm happy to have a painted chair here and there.

My dad found us four or five chairs (I don't remember exactly, and I don't feel like trotting all over the house to figure is out for sure)one day sitting at the roadside. (No someone wasn't moving and forgot them. :o) It was garbage day.) One chair doesn't match the rest. It's more petite.


You've read about The Chair here, here, and here, so I thought perhaps I should let you see what I am talking about.


I sprayed it. With spray paint.


This red one resides in Peach's room (you will see her room in a later post). It's the more petite one. I love how the wood grain shows through on this one.

I sprayed painted them both on the same beautiful autumn day. I love spray paint because it's so easy to use. Depending on the size of your project however, it could get a little pricey. Each of these chairs used about a can and a half of paint. The other drawback? You need a fairly large space or a non-windy, non-weed seed carrying day, because if you don't you will find paint everywhere, even if you use a big drop cloth, and there will be strange things stuck to your painting project. Trust me, I know!

What is your take on spray paint? Yes? No? What do you use it on?

 

6 comments:

  1. I don't know, i haven't used it beyond one craft project and that was very small. I noticed, too, how the wood grain comes through on that cute red chair--love that. I'm so glad to be getting to read your blog again :) Have a lovely day!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chairs! I love that your "brave" enough to paint over wood... you'd be amazed (or maybe not) how many people think that's shocking. I like natural wood, but I love to be able to change things up, and paint is great for that :D

    Haven't used much spray paint as Kerry is such a perfectionist about painting. I usually leave it to him.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the red! I also love mismatched, painted furniture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great chairs! I like them painted. I do like spray paint, but I have found that the various brands make a huge difference in the results. I like Rustoleum the best. What kind do you get the best results from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love painted furniture, too, and it seems to be making a comeback. Anything that can be "well-loved" by a large family and still look good has my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spray paint outside furniture the most, wrought iron or wicker.

    Your chair colors are pleasing, and must add to the decor of your rooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...