Monday, June 2, 2008

Mom, Can I Put on My Swimsuit?

As the mecury rises, the swimsuit request becomes very common around here. We have one of those soft side swimming pools that the children are rapidly outgrowing. The pool itself is beginning to see the end of its life. We think this may be its last year -- if it made it through the winter, that is. It sat in the garage this year which it has never done before. I'm afraid the mice may have made it into a cozy home. Hopefully this weekend we can get it out and see if we'll get another summer out of it or not. I don't know what we'll do if it is unusable. Perhaps we'll have to get a family membership at our town pool. That'll mean more driving back and forth for me, but I can use the time sitting by the pool to get some more reading done. It is still much cheaper than purchasing a new pool --unless of course we go for a wading pool. Somehow, I don't think that will go over well with the kids.

In the meantime, the girls had fun on the laneway with a hose, a rubber boot (that Beans brought home from the lake last year -- don't ask why!!), and a bandanna. Bub preferred to remain dry, but not uninvolved. Always one for a good "sister pest", he doused his eldest younger sister with the icy water from the hose and she ended up hot on his trail with the intent to soak him back. Her kind heart however, allowed him to get away. She is so not like me in that respect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...