Monday, July 15, 2013

The Mulberry Bush

Large wonderfully full mulberry trees were discovered on Canada Day. Beans then decided we needed to make mulberry pie, so last week while the three youngest poured over their most recently acquired library books(supervised by Peach), Beans, Squirt, and I headed off to the bush to pick berries. There was a storm looming in the distance, but it was moving so slowly and we had time to pick enough berries for not one, but two pies!









Can you find the mulberry stem? It's not a worm, although I did have to look twice. I do believe mulberry pie is quite similar to raisin pie. Delicious!

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm yum! :) Man your girls are beautiful! And their hair...those curls...I just love it! Those pies look delicious!

    xoxo,
    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michlyn, I don't know where they get those curls from. The funny thing is none of them really like them. Squirt's are the worst/best right now because of all the hair breakage from last summer. She wore pony tails instead of braids way too much and her hair all snapped off where the elastic was always worn. It's been growing out all winter and now the humidity causes it to curl up around her head. I think it's adorable, but she's not liking adorable too much. :o)

      Delete
  2. Hi Deborah! Beautiful photos and delicious looking pie! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! I've never had mulberry pie, but it sure looks good :D And I'm glad that's not a worm, crawling up onto the star!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!! never heard of or had mulberry pie; learn something new every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh...I didn't even notice that "worm." Glad it wasn't really one. Your girls are sure getting big. Now for pie. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...