Monday, May 6, 2013

Play!

I know for many adoptive families, teaching their new son or daughter how to play is one of the big things on their list of helping their child to adjust to a new life. We were surprised to discover that with two of our girls at least, that this has not been the case. Peanut and Bright Eyes are very good at happily entertaining themselves for long periods of time. They love Duplo, their kitchen toys, books, colouring, play dough, etc. One of their favorite things is to be outside. I am thankful for our large property. It keeps them very busy. They are happy for the warm weather. No more coats, hats, and mittens!


Peanut is home three days a week yet, but most days she keeps so busy that I hardly see her. I check on her frequently. She comes up for bathroom breaks, I give her snacks and lunch and after lunch she loves to "watch a movie."

I confess, there are days where I feel guilty knowing that she plays so well, but at the same time, I am very thankful for her happy nature. With seven children who have busy lives, I need the time to get things caught up in our home. Speaking of which, I need to get some baking done. The cupboard is bare yet again, and I have a meeting tonight. There will be unhappy campers here tomorrow if they discover there are no cookies or muffins in their lunch for tomorrow.

Happy Monday!



P.S. I have not forgotten the last installment of my photo project.

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't good weather make it all so much easier?! For mums with housework, as well as for cooped up winter-stretched kids! One of the things I dream of, now that we have our little house is for sale, is a much bigger garden where boys can just run and run and run and run and run and ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for better weeather, AND for kids that play well. And don't feel guilty! With a household of nine, she may be relishing some quiet time as much as you do!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Love her hair in the picture. :)

    Oh if only 'T' could do that so easily. One step at a time I guess...

    She's a keeper!
    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...