Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yarn Along


I'm back at the hats. Spring just doesn't want to break forth here and I'm still feeling chilly, so I'm making more hats.


I call this one my Candy Cane hat. It's been decreased to the point of needing my double pointed needles, but I have to really concentrate when I move to the double points, so I will have to wait for a quiet moment to finish it up.

As for the book, I found it at the thrift store two weeks ago. I love anything by Max Lucado. His writing just speaks to me in ways that encourage and inspire. I actually came home with eleven books that night. Crazy, but I just can't pass up an inexpensive good book! I did manage to put four away for presents for my children without them seeing them. I'm always a little shocked at how many books end up at thrift stores that haven't even been opened! I've always thought that books make great gifts, but it seems some people don't even read the books they've been given. Kinda sad really.

If you'd like to join us in the yarn along, pop by Ginny's blog Small Things and share with us what you're making and reading.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborah! Way to go on those cute hats! I know what you mean. It's not exactly tropical around here either.
    You're right when you say that it is VERY sad that people don't read their books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...