Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Concerts

There are two music performances that I never tire of hearing at Christmas. One is Handel's Messiah



and the other is the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I love Christmas Eve in Sarajevo.



Go here to read the story behind it, and here to see the other video which shows a bit of the TSO story.

I would happily go to both of them in concert every Christmas season. Sadly, I've never been to a TSO concert at all, and the last time I heard Handel's Messiah live was when the Engineer still sang with the symphony, and THAT was a loooong time ago.

Two quite different styles of music, but two stories that very much tell the story of Christmas. Hope. Joy. Giving.

Merry Christmas, my friends!

5 comments:

  1. Both of those are my fave's too!! ~Thanks for sharing ~Merry Christmas Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know how I love Messiah :D

    And a new format for you! Have fun fiddling around with it.

    And Merry Christmas to all of you!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of those too! And not a lyric about shoes in either one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The engineer is a singer? Cool!
    I wish you rollicking music in celebration of the KING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deborah,
    Great taste in music! I go to the Messiah every year with a good friend.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...