Thursday, November 19, 2009

Three Months

We've been waiting to hear news of our dossier for three months now. Twelve weeks. We've been hearing news of others getting Ontario approval at the twenty to twenty four week mark, so I guess you can say we're about halfway there with our Ontario wait time. *Sigh* Some days it feels like this will take forever. On the other hand, I am thankful for this waiting time. I'm reading almost everything I can get my hands on that pertains to the Philippines and of course adoption itself.

I am falling in love with the Philippines. The country, the people, the climate (hot and humid!). I love the value that the Filipino people have for their families and their heritage. I hope we learn enough to teach our Little One well about his/her home country.

I'm hoping to cook some Filipino dishes over the holidays. I made pan de sol in the spring which we all really enjoyed, but really it was not much different from the breads we eat already. I think it's time to try adobo, pancit, or mango bread. Mmmm! I can hardly wait!



****Flag photo from www.globalofw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...