Monday, January 19, 2009

Writing Instructions

Bub is working through the Write Shop curriculum. Let me just say that once you get the routine down, it is an awesomely simple and straightforward curriculum for teaching your children writing skills.

This week he is learning to write out clear and understandable instructions. The lesson began with a game that was used as an illustration for how important clear instructions are.

We each had a pile of toothpicks and sat back to back on the floor. He began building a model and gave me instructions on how to build mine to look exactly like his.

Bub's

Mine

When we were done and got to appraise each other's work, we laughed and laughed. Apparently, I don't follow instructions very well -- or his weren't very clear. I think it was a little of both, but I'll let you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...