Thursday, September 25, 2008

What is This?


Don't laugh, but we couldn't resist picking this up on our way home from church this past Sunday.

It is solid wood, so if anything, it will make a great fire sometime. I cleaned it up today, and it's in mint condition -- except for a few screw holes. We picked it up at a place that used to sell folkart type crafts and paraphanelia, so it obviously held candles or wreaths and various other knick knacky type things. I'm thinking of putting framed pictures in it, although the shelves are only about three inches deep, so I'm not sure it will work. The cool thing I discovered when cleaning it is that when hanging on a wall, the whole thing runs at a slight slant from top to bottom -- narrower at the top and wider at the bottom. Once we have done something remarkable with it, I will post another photo, but until then, I even have to figure out where I will hang it:-). It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...