Monday, May 24, 2010

Pan de Sol

My dear blogging friend Annesta asked me if I would post my recipe for pan de sol. Having never been in the Philippines (yet), I have no idea how authentic these buns are, but they sure taste good! I found the recipe at  All Recipes. It's a great site for all kinds of tasty meals, snacks, desserts, and cultural dishes.

2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 1/4 cups bread flour
3/4 teaspoon bread improver
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons margarine
2 eggs
1 cup canned evaporated milk

1 cup canned evaporated milk
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  1. Place the yeast, bread flour, bread improver, sugar, salt, margarine, eggs, and 1 cup of evaporated milk into a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle, and press start.
  2. When the cycle has ended, remove the dough from the machine, and form into 2 inch balls. Dip each ball in the remaining evaporated milk, then in the dry bread crumbs. Place the rolls on a baking sheet crumb-side up. Cover loosely with a cloth or plastic, and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake rolls for 8 minutes, or until golden brown on the top and bottom. 

**Note: If you are Canadian, you can ignore the bread improver part and use regular flour. (I use unbleached).

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I have to know what bread improver is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Beth, I have no idea! Perhaps I should g**gle it. I thought it was something used in the United States because your flour there tends to be courser that Cdn. flour.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Deborah! I am going to bring mom home with me for a few hours this weekend and I am going to make this bread. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...