Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cats

Our no pets rule has temporarily gone by the wayside. We are currently the owners of not one, but two furry friends. One cat and one kitten. The cat is named Black Jack and actually belongs to our neighbours. For some reason though, he prefers to hang out at our place.

This week another (striped) fur friend mewed his way into our hearts. We didn't know it at first but it seems this guy is Jack's little friend. (Apparently Jack is very paternal -- and yes, Jack is a Jack and not a Jane).

This little character is also a male. They make themselves known at least twice a day when they meow at us through the patio door asking for dinner. Yes, my fault! I knew the minute I started feeding them they would be repeat customers, but the little guy looked (and sounded) so hungry.

They however, will not be staying because despite being fed, they are causing fatalities to our wildlife population (which I can not stand -- the fatalities not the wildlife) and I am allergic to cats so we can't keep them in the house, and I really don't want cats in my house anyway. We have enough human hair to vacuum up regularly. The question is, what to do with them...

2 comments:

  1. When a cat I had fed kept coming around (go figure!) I finally chased it away one day with a watergun. It was four in the morning and the annoying little thing kept meowing at the door, so I chased it all over the yard in my housecoat until I was sure I had got him good and wet. It was terrified at this turn of events, but it got rid of him! Not fair to change the rules partway through the game, but that's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Sounds like a great idea, but we there are too many places for the little stinkers to hide. I'd probably get one shot in and they'd disappear -- temporarily...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...