Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day

I am embarrassed to say that we did absolutely nothing to commemorate Remembrance Day this year. Usually the I put the television on and we watch the ceremony in Ottawa, but this year I totally forgot.

I know it is not something we should ignore. So many people gave their lives so that we could live in peace and with the freedom that we enjoy. As I write, there are many more men and women soldiers putting their lives on the line in countries such as Afganastan, Iraq, and elsewhere.

While I was outside this afternoon with the kids, I was thinking about this as I rakes the leaves. It was so still out, so quiet this afternoon, that it was almost as if the earth was holding it's breath in remembrance of those who have fought for our freedom. It was really kind of a neat feeling. So yes, I did remember, but I failed to show or remind my children. Next year, Lord willing, I will do better.


"You will hear of wars and rumours of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come." Matt 24:6 NIV

"He will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore." Micah 4:3 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...