Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Park

When I was a child I had a favorite park that we went to almost every Sunday. Today, it is also our children's favorite park. We don't go as often as I did when I was young, but with it's sandy beach, shady picnic areas, family friendly trails, playgrounds, and best of all animal farm, we are still frequent visitors.

Today was one of those days that was too beautiful to pass up a stroll through the animal farm. The children were hoping to see lots of baby animals. They were not disappointed! We saw brand new guinea pigs, baby bunnies, sheep, and some chicks. It was too early yet for ducklings and goslings, so we'll have to go back again soon. We did see lots of mamas sitting on their nests though. Some of the Canada geese have their nests right out where you can touch them -- if you wanted to. It's generally not a good idea though as they can nip quite hard, although I'm not speaking from personal experience.

After our visit with the animals, we walked back to the van to head to Grampa and Gramma's for tea, but not before taking a few more pictures.


One sneaky black tulip.

Cercis Canadensis Eastern Redbud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...