So, finally February's Joy Dare (and the last three days of January):
January 29 a song heard, a soft word, where you saw light
- Oh Come All Ye Faith. Off key and really loud by two little girls
- Quiet chatter as the two Littles play in the same room, but separately
- Dancing across the fireplace in the great room
January 30 three old things seen new
- Dresser. Bought at a garage sale almost sixteen years ago. Looking forward to paint and new handles.
- Glass jars made colourful.
- Fabric made into something for some special people (I can't say what or whom because they read here regularly.)
January 31 a gift found on paper, in a person, in a picture
- wisdom from the scriptures
- warm words from my husband
- seeing photos of all the changes in our family
February 1 A gift found at 11:30 am, 2:30 pm, at 6:30 pm
- sporadic sunshine for the girls to enjoy while playing outside
- a quiet moment for tea
- children happily playing downstairs while another one dries dishes with Daddy
February 2 Three things overheard today, all gifts
- I can read to you
- I like your hair, Mommy
- Your kids are so well behaved (Hah! You don't live in my home ;o)!)
February 3 Three gifts found in writing
- A letter from one of our Compassion children
- An evening devotional that applied directly to one of our children
- Daily encouragement from a devotional sent to my inbox
February 4 Three gifts found when bent down
- Crumbs under and around the table. It means everyone ate today
- Dirty footprints on the floor. It means that it still not really that cold out
- Socks found under chairs. It means our home is warm
February 5 One gift stitched, one hammered, one woven
- A cross stitch I have been working on for years. If I ever get it done it will be very fun to have hanging on my walls.
- Coffee table (and end tables) made many many years ago by my dad that have stood the test of time.
- A mat at the kitchen sink given to me by my mom.
February 6 Three gifts found outside
- moonlight on the water.
- another dandelion in bloom.
- increasing birdsong.
February 7 Three gifts red
- a wooden box made by one of my Middles.
- a beaded heart made last year.
- red velvet cupcakes made by one of my oldest girls.
February 8 A gift broken, a gift fixed, a gift thrifted
- A ceramic bird that belonged to my Oma.
- One of Squirts favorite toys -- fixed by Grampa!
- A special dress for a special girl.
February 9 Three gifts that were surprises -- unexpected grace!
- Seeing my orchid every morning and having to remind myself that it's not real.
- a matching bunny for my frosted glass one that I've had for at least fifteen years.
- realizing how tall and slim my three oldest are getting. They change so quickly!
February 10 Three times you heard laughter today
- The two youngest giggling at the antics of Little Bear on their DVD.
- Big brother teasing sister number three.
- Oldest two daughters chatting and giggling when they're supposed to be in bed and off to sleep.
February 11 Three gifts found in working
- three sparkling bathrooms.
- shiny floors.
- the contented hum of the washing machine.
February 12 Three hard eucharisteos
These come in the bodies of three beautiful little girls named:
- Bright Eyes and
February 13 Three gifts you found behind a door today
- my lint mop (aka the second dog as it's usually loaded with black fur when in use).
- leftover chocolate chunk cookies
- big blue buckets for washing floors and soaking dirty cloths. I love my buckets!
February 14 Three ways you feel the love of God
- through children who forgive when I lose patience.
- a husband who uncomplainingly does dishes every night after supper. Yes, he does!
- weather that surprises. (Waking up to freshly falling snow).
February 15 A gift in losing something, in finding something, in making something
- dare I say it. My missing flute that still has not been found. At least I don't have to play for anything :oS.
- hair elastics everywhere. I'm abundantly blessed with daughters!
- a beach bag completed for a sweet friend.
February 16 Three gifts in shadows
- a sleeping doggie
- a basket with knitting treasures that awaits
- my devotional in the tentative early morning light
February 17 Three gifts found in giving/serving
- closer friendship.
- meeting new people/making new friends.
February 18 Three gifts on paper
- books that are hard to put down.
- school newsletters that (help) keep me on top of some things.
- encouraging notes from church family.
February 19 Three gifts that were "Plan B's"
- having friends over and
- keeping them extra long
- going to same friends for an evening. All these things weren't the original plan.
February 20 A gift at breakfast, lunch, dinner
- frozen blueberries in my oatmeal
- grilled cheese sandwiches on bakery white bread
- rhubarb crisp for dessert
February 21 Three gifts white
- seeing at least some snow this winter
- mounds of crisp white fabric to hopefully be made for a project I have in mind
- new t-shirts for the girls and I
February 22 Three gifts that changed today
- sunshine -- improved the mood.
- a good book
- a HOT cup of coffee (those are rare in my life)
February 23 A gift of tin, of glass, of wood
- a container that belongs to my mom on the mantle.
- pretty little jars thrifted
- the handmade cross on my wall from a sweet friend
February 24 Three gifts before 11:00 am
- quiet time
February 25 A gift nearly worn out, a gift new, a gift made-do
- my hot pink house coat. I continue to appreciate its warmth every morning.
- my Life Application Study Bible. It's so good to be able to apply what I'm learning in Bible study with the help of this Bible.
- the coffee pot. It's over twenty years old, missing the lid to the reservoir, and the carafe, but stills makes a mean cup of java. I chose to make do until it quits working.
February 26 Three gifts seen as reflections
- moonlight dancing off our "pond"
- sunlight sparkling on our "pond"
- reflected trees dancing in the wind on the computer screen
February 27 Three ugly-beautiful gifts (see beauty in ugly)
- broken and dirtied fingernails -- usually means I've been doing some work around the house
- fingerprints on windows and walls -- means a houseful of busy happy children
- scratched and dented table top -- lots of meals, stories, and laughter shared around the table
February 28 Three gifts from the past that help you trust the future
- Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
- Proverbs 3:5&6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Isaiah 40:31 but those who wait up the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
February 29 A gift dull, a gift shimmering, a gift cleaned
- new spoons for stirring big pots
- sunlight dancing off the coffee table and end tables
- the stove top