Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I'm joining Laura at Organizing Junkie for her Menu Plan Monday again. I was able to stick to last week's plan very well, with the exception of Friday when we were invited to join friends for a church mission supper in support of their church's mission trip to Haiti.

This week's plan for(more)healthy eating:

Monday: Chutney chicken, with brown rice and oven baked cruciferous veggies.

Tuesday: Pork and shrimp pancit and pan de sol

Wednesday: Jerk grilled salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans.

Thursday: Cabbage casserole, whole wheat bread

Friday: Greek pizza, tossed salad

Saturday: Hamburgers

Sunday: Tomato meatball soup, whole wheat bread

Oh, and here's a recipe for the avocado milkshakes we enjoyed last week. Hope you enjoy Heather ;o)!

1 avocado peeled, pitted, and cubed
5 ice cubes
3 Tbsp gran. sugar
1 1/3 cups milk
1 tsp fresh lemon or lime juice
1 scoop vanilla ice cream

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Makes two large glasses. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go, good mama! I used to make menus before I went to the grocery every week. Now I live on the edge and eat toast for dinner. That's when Bill is traveling. When he's here, I'm better. Really. Love to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe:)
    You sound like such a great cook. Your family is so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were eating at your home this week! Your menu looks magnificient. Do you have a recipe for your Jerk Salmon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the idea on the jerk salmon. I'm thinking I'll hold off on anything too spicy until after baby is born though (this pregnancy and spicy aren't really a good mixture lately.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby is a huge fan of avocado so he would love the shake. Enlighten me - what's Greek pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, I will do a post about the Greek pizza on Friday. It's really quite easy and my family loves it!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...