Friday, July 10, 2009

Lavender Cookies

These have become one of my favorite cookies. (With or without the icing).

2 eggs
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tap baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp (or to taste) pesticide free lavender leaves and buds

Preheat oven to 375F

Put eggs, margarine, sugar and lavender (in that order) into a blender or food processor and run on low until well mixed. Stir flour, baking powder, and slat into a mixing bowl. Add other ingredients and stir until well blended. Drop dough a teaspoon at a time onto no greased cookie sheets (I like to use parchment paper). Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.

Glaze (optional): Blend enough rosewater (found in specialty baking stores. I find it in the Bulk Barn here in Canada)into a small bowl of icing sugar to make a smooth frosting. (You can use the rosewater combine with purified water for a less strong flavour). Ice the cookies and let them cool. Let iced cookies set until glaze is firm.

Serve with your favorite iced tea!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Lavender cookies......They look really good! ~Thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely recipe!
    I'm excited for you! I went to the Philippines last summer. Never have I seen such painful poverty. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And your blog is the same sunny color as mine. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the purplest lavender I have ever seen. A nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look really good - and I love the idea of putting lavendar in them, it seems so old-fashioned and I really like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...