Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Girl's Dorm


After the addition on our house was completed in 2011, bedrooms were shifted around. One floor of the house got called the Girls' Dorm because, well, it's where all the girls slept. (I know, so logical isn't it?) Eventually I got around to making a wall to reflect that it was the girls' floor.










Each of the items on the wall are meant as a reminder to them to be who God made them to be, that true beauty comes from within, and that God should always be at the centre of their lives. All the written frames are centred by a photo of the six girls in their matching pj's sharing a fun moment together. The frames -- except for the centre one were a motley assortment I found around the house and spray painted white.

I am happy with how it turned out. Now, if only I could figure out what I want to hang in the office!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of all the girls! And the whole picture/concept :D Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie!! I had a lot of fun making it! Now it's time to update all the rest of our outdated prints. :o)

      Delete
    2. Deborah, I love how you exercise your gift of creativity in encouraging your girls and building them up! Great idea. And if you ever get bored of working on your own house, well, I have a space where you can unleash your ideas ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...