Thursday, January 28, 2016

Another Week of Single Parenting

There was a time when I couldn't stand it when the Engineer travelled. That was partly because he was gone every sixth week and the children were young. I remember after one such eventful week -- we only had two children at the time -- I was ready to post a for sale sign on the lawn! At that time anything that could go wrong with the house always went wrong while he was travelling. Flooding toilets, flying shingles, leaking ceilings, you name it, I probably dealt with it. Somehow we survived.

These days even though the kid count is larger, it's much easier. The days tend to be quieter -- even with homeschooling the Littles. The evenings are much much busier though! Every evening/night someone has something that they need to be at or do. Peach works. Other girls have music. Then there is church stuff and/or school stuff. I've learned how to combine multiple errands into one small amount of time while in the city. Despite living out here for almost nineteen years now, I still can't stand driving back and forth into the city multiple times a day. If I can figure out a way to do it in one trip, believe me I will.

Here it is Thursday already again! We're back from piano and string lessons early. (Yes, I am still attempting to learn cello.) The Engineer is on his way home as I type and it is marvellously quiet in the house. I'm pretty sure I could fall asleep sitting at this desk! I am indeed thankful that another single parenting week it completed!

 

1 comment:

  1. Makes me extra grateful for my hubby whenever he is out of town! Thankful that you get your sweetie back soon for a little bit more "normal" now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...