Monday, April 7, 2014

Beignets

I cheated and just bought a box mix, but I wanted the children to enjoy a little bit of the flavour of New Orleans. There is enough to make two batches. They enjoyed one on Saturday and we'll save the rest to make another batch on another day.





I did NOT have any beignets while in N.O., but I did savor some bread pudding more than once. I never realised there were so many flavours!

It was wonderful to go away again for a few days, but it's good to be home again too! Happy Monday, dear readers!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! They look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really good. I have never even heard of them.. and yet I am from the same country that they come from; different cultures in each region though. We have sopaipillas in this area of the country, which are wonderful… and look similar to those yummy donuts. Good for you for resisting the sweets. That is very difficult for me when traveling; to resist certain foods. I still struggle with that even after having been on Trim Healthy Mama for a couple of months. Your trip looked fun, and the food very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea what Beignets were until I opened your page. They look marvelous. I'm planning a tea party for tomorrow, and I'd happily share something like that with my friends, even if they did come from a mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some Café du Monde beignets!!! This is one of the places I want to take our children when we come back on furlough :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! We have new donut place close by that sells beignets. We haven't been yet but I'm looking forward to trying them one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...