Wednesday, March 5, 2014

How Quickly Things Change

Wind squall, snow squall, snownado, call it what you will, but it couldn't have happened at a worse time.


Can you see the girls waiting for the bus at the end of our lane? The photo was taken when I could just make them out. There were moments were I could not see them at all. It was completely white! A snow squall with no visibility appeared out of nowhere last week Thursday morning (it didn't show up on any of the weather radars) and swept across the province causing car pile ups on the big highways here and throughout the province. One of those stretches of highway is one that many many of us who live in this area use almost daily (some do use it daily -- including school buses). Two people died. One was only 18 and the other was a family friend. She was only 22 years old; a newlywed since June. She started babysitting for our kiddos when she was a wee thing at 11 years old. By the time she was off to university, Bub was almost taller than her. Our hearts are breaking for her husband, her family, and all of us who knew her well. She was a bright light in this world. Her love for God shone through in all she did. We have the confidence in knowing we will meet her again in heaven and that makes it a wee bit easier. After the beautiful, funeral yesterday, I posted this on my faceb**k:

Some questions will never be answered on this side of heaven. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts". Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV -- Thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers dear families. 

Life goes on, but it will never be the same.

Love, 

12 comments:

  1. Oh Deborah, my heart hurts. I do not know why, but it seems as if I hear of death so much lately in unlikely situations. I am praying you will know how to minister to this family as part of your family's very real grieving too.
    I can not see your girls, no matter how much I squint! But I take your word for it that there were there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deborah, we don't grieve as those who have no hope, but we do grieve.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss, Deborah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so sad Deborah. I feel like Cathy does; it is like there is just so much tragedy and death like no other day we have lived in. Will pray for her husband. Is it still snowing?
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray the families involved also ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deborah, thanks for sharing about your loss. One of my favorite things about the "bloggy" community is the way we love and support each other and remind each other to look to Jesus during difficult times (and good times, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that you have lost a family friend, but very grateful that the school bus didn't happen along just in time to not see your kids. What a scary situation to see them standing out there, and have them disappear into a cloud of white like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss, Deborah, that is so heartbreaking.
    What dreadful looking weather. I can barely make out your children. It makes me cold just looking at the picture. Hugs from Tx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many prayers and hugs. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blogging world is such a special gift! We thank each and every one of you for your kind words, prayers, and virtual hugs, as we continue to come to terms with this sudden loss. She will be missed, but she leaves behind a legacy even at the young age of 22. Thank you to each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I'm behind on my blog reading so I'm sorry I'm chiming in so much after the fact, but I am deeply deeply sorry to read this post. Will be praying for your family and your friend's family as you all continue grieving in the days to come. blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...