Saturday, March 31, 2012
It's finally done. I used the cheap paint that's on our walls to paint this dresser. (A little aside about the cheap paint. If you ever have a large painting job and decide to have painters come in and do the work, be aware of what they are using for paint. The company we had painting our place did a fantastic job, but I do not like the brand of paint they used. It marks ridiculously easily and is not washable. Grrrr! So not good with seven children in the house.)
Once I had the desired look (translated: I didn't feel like putting any more coats on) I was going for, I sealed it with varnish. Two coats on the top, and one on the rest of it.
The Engineer put the handles on this morning. Even though we had the cupboards in our laundry room installed ten years ago, we still found the same handles.
Crazy! So the dresser's handles match those of the laundry room cupboards. We'll use it to hold the off season outerwear.
It'd be nice if I can get everyone's snow pants in those drawers too. Hmmmm...