Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thoughts

It seems funny, but before we received our ICAB approval last week, I felt like I was beginning to have second thoughts. I know that it was/is related to the one adoption book I am reading, the waiting for approval, and, well, the busyness of daily life here.

Now that we have our approval, my heart just aches to hold our Little One(s). I lay on our bed this morning and poured out my heart to God on their behalf. Prayers for their protection, their health, opening their little hearts to being adopted. Prayers that we will be the right family for them. A family that will love them unconditionally, encourage them in their strengths, encourage a love of, knowledge of, and pride for their birth country. Prayers that we as their adoptive family will always be open to their questions, encourage their questions, and soothe their fears and hurts.

It's going to be a big job, but then raising any child is a big job. In fact lots of my thoughts and prayers for our Little Ones also encompass the four precious children that God has already blessed us with. It's a big job, but with God, all things are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...