Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adoptive Families Night

Four adoptive couples got together last night for a time of fellowship and sharing. It was at our friends' M and R's home. They are adopting a baby boy from South Africa. Of the two other couples present, one is adopting from South Africa and the other from St. Vincent. We had food representative from each of the countries we're adopting from. From South Africa we had pumpkin pancakes (I can't remember the real name now) and a cake made to look like a soccer ball. (After all the world cup is there this summer). From St. Vincent we had sausage and fried plantains. And I made lumpia (Filipino spring rolls). The food was delicious, but then our family loves to try new foods. Listening to the other families trials and triumphs was a real blessing. It makes me so excited to be waiting for our Little One. I an also looking forward to meeting the new little ones in each of these families. So far we are all still in the waiting stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...