Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More Growing Things

Here is another experiment that Squirt did. I am very impressed at how quickly this turnip shot up and flowered. Flowers!! I could hardly believe it. The other one we did didn't fair as well, but it did grow leaves.

Besides getting some carrots and radished to sprout leaves too, we discovered that their life expectancy as hydroponic plants is not too long. It took me awhile to figure out what the smell was by the washer and dryer. I kept looking for a pair of smelly socks or a really yucky dishrag.

I didn't realise what it was until the girls went to check the water levels of the plants and said that one was rotting. Oops!! Out it went. Another one followed on it heals a day or so later. In another say or two, I think they'll all be resting contently in the composter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...