Saturday, November 22, 2008

Did I Sleep Through Christmas?

I have never seen this much snow so early in November. It almost feels like I slept through Christmas and it is mid January instead. It seems strange to think that just last week I was taking photos of the kids playing in our huge leaf pile and now I'm taking photos of them in the snow. At least we got most of our leaves raked before the snow fell.

Funny thing is we often have a green Christmas and odds are, despite the snow now, we will have a green Christmas anyway. I hope not because Bub is getting a new sled this year and he will be so excited to use it -- even if initially it is just on the slope beside our lane.

I think I am making Christmas cards tonight. My mom and Seniora D are coming over to make some of their own too. Off I go now to do groceries -- too bad we always have to eat :-).

Dreams

Reality

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love the one of the tire swing... good memories from childhood, I guess. : ) I thrill at the scenes that every snowfall provides and the silence!... it's just all so breathtaking.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting... I so appreciate it... it's so fun to "meet" new people this way.

    I'll be back! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our meager snow is well on its way to slushiness. We are having an unseasonably warm late fall. There are still heaps of geese here - quite strange, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't you love the snow? I still feel giddy when the first snow arrives.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricaluann,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you will visit again. I would love to visit yours, but I can't seem to get past the profile section. I will try again soon. I would love to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...