Friday, August 29, 2008

Week One of a New Year

We have completed our first week of school and all in all, it has gone well. I did make several changes to Squirt's curriculum. It appears she has forgotten everything she learned last year. We'll start out nice and slow and work her up.

The first day, everyone had reduced themselves to tears at some point during the morning, and I felt like banging my head against a brick wall, but it has steadily improved since then.

It's going to be a good year I hope. I love our devotional, and character building curriculum that I am using. They are interesting and inspiring.

We also spend some time in the morning reading from the book of virtues. The kids find it an absolute hoot at times. Some of the stories and poems in there are real classics. I think we'll take it with when we go camping this coming week.

Unbeknownst to the children, they will be learning lots this week. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to bang my head a few times this week as well - glad to hear I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is is always a relief to know we're not the only one!

    Thanks:-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...