Friday, August 15, 2008

Morning

As I sit here typing, the sun is gaining strength. There is a fog across the fields that is slowly being burned off. Our cat is lying beside me having missed his humans in our ten day absence.

I am drinking in the quiet of the morning. A large cottontail has just hopped into my garden. I am sure the weeds are a mile high, but from here it looks beautiful. Although we had a wonderful time away, it is good to be home again.

The sound of the crickets and the bright sun dancing across the floor reminds me again of how blessed we truly are. I will have lots of work ahead of me today, but for now I will savour the quiet of the morning.

Be still and know that I am God...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...