Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Locally Grown Supper

My garden is pathetic this year. I'm blaming it on the unusually cool wet weather because I have been very good about weeding.

For tonight's supper though, we are having locally grown new potatoes sliced and baked in the oven with butter, sea salt, and ground pepper. A whole baked chicken also done in the oven. The chicken was raised by friends of ours -- we've had a few and boy are they tasty!! Fresh corn-on-the-cob from a neighbour up the road, and sliced tomatoes just recently picked from the garden. I can hardly wait!!

The little girls and I spent on hour or so harvesting beets, a few of the carrots, Jalapeno peppers, yellow and red onions, and tomatoes.My tomatoes have been attacked, but it is definitely not a good idea to tell about it in this post.It could ruin anyone's dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...