Monday, July 7, 2008

Obedience Classes

I don't know if I've said it before, but Snoopy is a very wired dog. She is very smart, a lot of fun, but a little difficult to have around the kids and the cat. If she could get ahold of Sylvester, I'm afraid he would be dead. Thankfully, she doesn't look at the kids in quite the same way, but she does love to mouth their limbs and jump on them. So, unfortunately for Snoopy, she spends more time than we would like on her lead line.

Enter, obedience classes. Of the eight dogs there, she is the most strong willed. Thankfully, she is willing to learn. Heel and sit have become virtually automatic for her, but the down and stay commands need a little work. Okay, a lot of work!! I really want her to learn "Come" though, as it could save her life. Our road although not always busy, has very fast traffic. If she makes a run for it, I want her to listen to me. We had one close call already, but thankfully the drivers were all paying attention to this frantic woman chasing her loose dog who was having a grand time of playing cat and mouse.


She has three more weeks until graduation day. Will she pass?? That still remains to be seen.

1 comment:

  1. We were obedience school dropouts with our two oldest dogs (had to put the oldest down last Aug. and the other passed away in March). Having classes outside, as yours is pictured, would have been more ideal that being in a cramped building with no working air conditioning. Our oldest dog would get overheated and vomit every class. Then I became pregnant and the heat was too much for me with my 24 hour a day nausea. We never attempted to do another obedience class. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...